To collaborate and coordinate efficient, effective access to resources for vulnerable populations affected by emergency or disaster.
The Kalamazoo County Response Consortium (KCRC) is a collaboration of nonprofits, government agencies and local businesses that work to ensure efficient and effective response to the greater Kalamazoo community in times of emergency, crisis, or disaster. The KCRC began following the local flooding of February 2018 and meets regularly to discuss lessons learned and to improve individual and collective capabilities and capacities. Membership in the KCRC is free. Members are able to share and gain access to knowledge and resources that help better serve their clients. Some topics/issues addressed include:
- Emergency communications between agencies
- Creation and updating of disaster-specific community resource list
- Emergency Action Plan and Continuity of Operations Plan workshops
- Interactive table-top exercises
- Disaster donation management
- and more!